June 23rd, 2015 4:58 GMT, London UK
Today’s Binary Options Trading Strategy:
• Currency Pair: AUD/USD
• Timeframe: H4 (Hourly Chart)
• Binary Option Trading Recommendation: Seek binary put options on rallies above 0.7710
• Downside Potential: The downside potential for this binary put option is 110 pips to 0.7600
• Upside Potential: The upside potential for this binary put option is 25 pips to 0.7735
The AUD/USD has completed a breakdown below its horizontal resistance level after a spike to the upside from its intra-day low of 0.7644 which was reached on June 17th 2015 took this currency pair to its intra-day high of 0.7849 recorded on June 18th 2015. The ascending support level, which can trace its origin to its intra-day low of 0.7598 reached on June 1st 2015, has initiated the sharp move to the upside. The intra-day high which resulted from this advance marked a false breakout above its horizontal resistance level and the AUD/USD has since reversed this move.
Price action is now trading below of its horizontal resistance level as well as below of its descending resistance level. The AUD/USD is anticipated to drift down to its ascending support level from where a breakdown is favored. Binary options traders can profit from the expected move to the downside with binary put options. Today’s binary options trading strategy suggests put options to be placed on rallies above 0.7710 for a risk/reward ratio of 1.0/4.40.
The AUD/USD faced a contraction in volatility from its initial corrective phase which took this currency pair from its intra-day high of 0.8163 which was reached on May 14th 2015 to its intra-day low of 0.7598. An increase in volatility occurred as a result of the breakdown below of its horizontal resistance level. Volatility is set to increase further as buyers and sellers will struggle for direction from current levels. Buyers may attempt to force more upside, but sellers are favored to push the AUD/USD down into its ascending support level. The best binary option trading platforms confirm this assessment.
The first support level awaits the AUD/USD at its ascending support level around the 0.7690 mark from where an increase in volatility is anticipated. A breakdown below this level will cause a definite shift in momentum to the downside. The next support level is set at its intra-day low of 0.7644 which was reached on June 17th 2015 from where the previous price spike emerged. The final support level is located at its intra-day low of 0.7598 recorded on June 1st 2015.
The following economic data out of Australia already impacted the base currency, the Australian Dollar, of the AUD/USD currency pair:
House Price Index for the first-quarter of 2015:
• Expectations: A quarterly increase of 2.0% was expected for the first-quarter of 2015, an annualized increase of 7.4%
• Previous Report’s Data: A quarterly increase of 2.0% was reported in the fourth-quarter of 2014, an annualized increase of 6.7%
• Released Data: A quarterly increase of 1.6% was reported for the first-quarter of 2015, an annualized increase of 6.9%
• Impact on the Australian Dollar: The reported increase in the Australian House Price Index has pressured the Australian Dollar to the downside; this favors binary put options in the AUD/USD currency pair
In addition the following economic report out of the United States is expected to impact the quote currency, the US Dollar, of the AUD/USD currency pair:
Durable Goods Orders excluding Transportation for the month of May:
• Expectations: An increase of 0.5% is expected for the month of May
• Previous Report’s Data: A contraction of 0.2% was reported in the month of April
• Impact on the US Dollar: The expected increase in durable goods orders excluding transportation is likely to apply upward pressure on the US Dollar which favors binary put options in the AUD/USD currency pair