December 17, 2014 6:27am GMT, London UK
Today’s Binary Options Trading Strategy:
• Currency Pair: GBPCHF
• Timeframe: H4 (Hourly Chart)
• Binary Option Trading Recommendation: Seek binary put options on rallies above 0.7740
• Downside Potential: The downside potential for this binary put option is 130 pips to 0.7610
• Upside Potential: The upside potential for this binary put option is 85 pips to 0.7825
The NZDUSD has enjoyed a move to the upside after recording an intra-day low of 0.7608 on December 9th 2014. The move higher was halted by its descending resistance level and formed an intra-day high of 0.7870 on December 11th 2014. A drift lower developed, but the NZDUSD attempted another rally which recorded a lower intra-day high of 0.7848 on December 16th 2014 due to the strength of the descending resistance level which has now begun to merge with its horizontal resistance level. The NZDUSD drifted back down into its ascending support level.
Price action is now trading at its ascending support level and is expected to drift higher until it reaches its merged resistance area. From this level the NZDUSD is expected to successfully breakdown and move lower in order to test its most recent intra-day low. Binary options traders can profit from the expected breakdown with binary put options. Today’s binary options trading strategy suggests put options to be placed on rallies above 0.7740 for a risk/reward ratio of 1.0/1.53.
Volatility has been contained as the NZDUSD is trading inside its triangle formation, but as the descending resistance level is increasing downward pressure volatility is set to increase with it. Buyers will attempt to use the ascending support level and pressure this currency pair to the upside which is likely to be limited to its descending resistance level around the 0.7825 mark. Sellers are favored to take the merged resistance level and force a breakdown below its ascending support level for an accelerated move to the downside until it will challenge its intra-day low of 0.7608.
The NZDUSD will face its first support level, after a successful breakdown below its ascending support level, at its intra-day low of 0.7720 which was reached on December 16th 2014. This level was formed during the previous drift away from its descending resistance level and pushed the NZDUSD to its lower high. A breakdown below this level will take the NZDUSD to its intra-day low of 0.7672 which was reached on December 10th 2014. The final support level is located at its intra-day low of 0.7608 which was recorded on December 9th 2014 from where a double bottom formation may form.
The following economic data out of New Zealand already impacted the base currency, the New Zealand Dollar, of the NZDUSD currency pair:
Current Account Balance for the third-quarter of 2014:
• Expectations: A trade deficit of NZ$5.300 billion was expected for the third-quarter of 2014
• Previous Report’s Data: A trade deficit of NZ$1.081 billion was reported in the second-quarter of 2014
• Released Data: A trade deficit of NZ$5.000 billion was reported for the third-quarter of 2014
• Impact on the New Zealand Dollar: The increase in the trade deficit for the third-quarter has pressured the New Zealand Dollar to the downside which favors binary put options in the NZDUSD currency pair
In addition the following economic report out of the United States is expected to impact the quote currency, the US Dollar, of the NZDUSD currency pair:
Consumer Price Index for the month of November:
• Expectations: A monthly contraction of 0.1% is expected for November, an annualized increase of 1.5%
• Previous Report’s Data: A monthly reading of 0.0% was reported in October, an annualized increase of 1.7%
• Impact on the US Dollar: The expected annualized slowdown in consumer inflation is unlikely to be strong enough to force the US Dollar lower; this favors binary put options in the NZDUSD currency pair.