October 29th 2014 5:01am GMT, London UK
Today’s Binary Options Trading Strategy:
• Currency Pair: USDCHF
• Timeframe: H4 (Hourly Chart)
• Binary Option Trading Recommendation: Seek binary call options on dips below 0.9470
• Upside Potential: The upside potential for this binary call option is 215 pips to 0.9685
• Downside Potential: The downside potential for this binary call option is 110 pips to 0.9360
The USDCHF has resumed its move lower after an economic disappointment out of the US has reversed a drift higher which unfolded after this currency pair reached an intra-day low of 0.9360 on October 15th 2014. Preceding this intra-day low was a price action reversal which emerged after the USDCHF reached an intra-day high of 0.9687 on October 6th 2014. The sharp move lower which followed was initiated due to a combination of weaker fundamental data which led to the technical breakdown. The bounce off of its most recent intra-day low was halted by its descending resistance level.
Price action has now been pressured back down into its ascending support level from where the USDCHF is expected to move back into its descending resistance level for a breakout in order to test its most recent intra-day high. Binary options traders can profit from the expected breakout with binary call options. Today’s binary options trading strategy suggests call options to be placed on dips below 0.9470 for a risk/reward ratio of 1.0/1.96.
Volatility is expected to increase sharply as the USDCHF trades at a very important support area. The ascending support level, which has pushed this currency pair higher, has merged with its horizontal support level and buyers are expected to use this as a platform to launch a breakout above its descending resistance level. The descending resistance level has crossed paths with its ascending support level which has increased the pressure for a sustained move. The technical scenario favors binary call options in the USDCHF currency pair.
The USDCHF will face its first resistance test at its intra-day high of 0.9559 which was reached on October 23rd 2014. In order to reach this level this currency pair has to successfully break-out above its descending resistance level. The next resistance level awaits the USDCHF at its intra-day high of 0.9593 which it reached on October 10th 2014. The final resistance level is located at its intra-day high of 0.9687 which was reached on October 6th 2014 from where a double top formation could develop.
The following economic data out of the United States is expected to impact the base currency, the US Dollar, of the USDCHF currency pair:
Federal Reserve Announcement on Interest Rates and QE3:
• Expectations: Interest rates unchanged at 0.25%, reduction on QE3 by $15 billion to $0
• Previous Announcement: Interest rates unchanged at 0.25%, reduction on QE3 by $10 billion to $15
• Impact on the US Dollar: The expected exit of QE3 by the US Federal Reserve is widely expected, but could rally the US Dollar amid position adjustments; this favors binary call options in the USDCHF currency pair
In addition the following economic report out of Switzerland is expected to impact the quote currency, the Swiss Franc, of the USDCHF currency pair:
KOF Institute Autumn Economic Forecast:
• Expectations: This is the broadest assessment of the Swiss economy, but is expected to highlight weaknesses in the underlying Swiss economy due to a geo-economic slowdown especially in the service sector
• Impact on the Swiss Franc: The Swiss Franc could come under pressure amid an expected bleak autumn forecast which favors binary call options in the USDCHF currency pair